Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I send my dog to doggy daycare?
- Whether your dog is a little lonely or bored, or simply enjoys the company of other people and pets, we‘re here to provide them with a rich learning experience through socialisation and educational games. Playing with other dogs is a great way for them to reduce boredom and anxiety, increase their exercise and build behavioural and socialisation skills.
How will I know if my dog will enjoy it?
- At Dogtopia Retreat, it’s our priority to ensure that your pet is safe, comfortable and happy at all times. Our team are trained and experienced to ensure that all dogs have a suitable temperament around other people and pooches. During your initial visit, we will complete a checklist to ensure they are suitable and answer any of your questions.
What happens if my pet fights with another dog?
- There may be certain times when other dogs play a little too rough, but rest assured that they are under constant supervision. Our experienced and dedicated team are trained to identify early warning signs of aggression. We also have some onsite Vet Nurses available to attend to any potential medical problems for your peace of mind.
I have a senior dog – will they be comfortable here?
- Here at Dogtopia Retreat, we provide personalised care and attention to each of our guests. Senior pets who may need a little extra TLC will be closely monitored and placed in suitable groups based on their on their age, breed and temperament.
Do you feed them during the day?
- That’s entirely up to you! We are happy to follow your instructions, or alternatively we can provide your pup with premium liver treats that are rich in nutrition and promote healthy teeth.
Do you provide hydrobaths?
We have a hydrobath service available for a small additional fee for convenient, affordable and quality grooming solutions. Your dog will look good and smell great! Click here to learn more.